Bachelor of Arts, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Double-majored in Art History and Scandinavian Studies, with an emphasis on Italian and Northern Renaissance Art; Swedish language
2009 “Far From Any Road” Solo show, Lisa Harris Gallery, Seattle, WA
2007 Solo show, Lisa Harris Gallery, Seattle, WA
2006 Gallery Artist Group Show, Lisa Harris Gallery, Seattle, WA
2007 “Scenic Dope” group show, Ballardworks, Seattle, WA
2005 “Flora and Fauna”, curated by Terry Drahem, Seattle Design Center, Seattle WA
2006 “Natural Subjects”, two person show, Lisa Harris Gallery, Seattle, WA
2004 “Confluence”, group show, Colorgraphics, Seattle, WA
2004 Salon Dewi, solo show, Seattle, WA
1999 Pilchuck Glass School annual auction, Seattle, WA
1998 Alternative Portraiture, Group Show, Bumbershoot Festival, Seattle, WA
1995 Wonderful World of Art, Group Show, Seattle, WA
1995 Dogs, Fenix Underground, Group Show, Seattle, WA
1994 Solo Show, Daniel Smith, Inc., Seattle, WA
2008-2009 Seattle Children’s Theatre; scenic painter
2008 Robert Williamson, (Designer); scenic painter
2008 A Contemporary Theatre; Scenic Painter
2007 Seattle Opera; Scenic Painter.
2006 – 2007 The Production Network, Seattle, WA; Scenic Painter
2006 Haarald Peterson Designs, LLC; Scenic Painter.
Painted zoo and aquarium environments for Seattle Aquarium; Chula Vista, CA Visitor’s Center and Aquarium; and Guam Visitor’s Center
2005-2006 season, The Village Theatre, Issaquah, WA; Scenic Painter
2004 – 2006 Dillon Works, Inc., Mukilteo, WA. Painter.
Worked on various projects including The Cartoon Network’s “Toonerville” building faÁade and interior in Atlanta, GA, and Sony tradeshow.
11/96-7/00 Ginny Ruffner Studios; Painter. Seattle, WA
Assisted in creation and painting of glass sculpture; installed work in various settings ranging from the Seattle Art Museum to private collectors’ homes; assisted in photo shoots.
02/91-11/96 Daniel Smith, Inc., Artists Materials. Technical Information Specialist. Seattle, WA
Provided technical and materials support for customers, created staff reference materials, and performed sales duties.
06/90-01/95 Danny Perkins, glass artist. Studio Assistant. Seattle, WA
Assisted in production of art work, managed artist’s relationships with galleries and clients, provided general bookkeeping services.
1988, 1989 (summers) Burke Museum, University of Washington, Exhibit Interpreter/Docent. Seattle, WA
Discussed exhibitions publicly and gathered visitor feedback. Required a thorough knowledge of the museum’s collections.
OTHER RELATED EXPERIENCE: 1984 – 1996
- Completion of various private commissions for portraits and other paintings (on-going)
- Assisted on glass-casting projects with various local artists including: Ann Gardner, Paul Marioni and Ann Troutner.
- Assisted San Diego glass artist Christopher Lee in the production of his sculpture.
- Studio assistant/painter for ceramic artist Kathy Bird.
- Designed rugs and shirts for retail sales with artist Steve Wood.
- Designed and executed several freelance mural projects for homes and businesses in Portland and Seattle.
- Designed product labels for natural foods company R & K Foods, Inc. in Redmond, WA.
- Collaborated on projects with various other local artists throughout the years.